Kreative Flow Designs
Thanks for visiting Kreative Flow. You'll recieve the best tutorials, resources and graphic information here.

Do register if you are a guest for exclusive content only for members!

The Creative Industry

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Creative Industry

Post by Nisaa on Thu 19 Feb 2009, 3:21 am

I don't really know where to put this (maybe we can have a general section for like any arty stuff)

Well at college last year I did a project just a research project where I kind of looked at different sectors in the art industry and the difference between like a graphics designer and an illustrator... to that of an animator or web designer...

I found out now that everything falls under FINE ART. The reason I came to this conclusion is because there's no real barriers or boundaries anymore, everyone animates, everyone draws, paints, sculpts, everyone does everything and it's the way that they refine it that decides what part of the art industry they fall into, you can tell by looking at artists nowadays, those mostly in the graphics design area explore everything, practically from typography to fine arts and sculpture, I just don't see how there are any limits between each anymore. Personally that is brilliant, but not everyone likes being called a fine artist.

What are your views?
Nisaa

Number of posts : 29
Flow Points : 1
Warnings :
0 / 1000 / 100

Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Creative Industry

Post by Starlight on Fri 20 Feb 2009, 3:24 pm

I think its all enough to give me a headache, lass. If they want to group it all together as fine art, why even bother lumping it into that category in the first place? Just call it art! It's funny that you mention typography, one of my old lecturers told us how typography is a skill, and it can take years to master and yonks to create a font. Shocked Who the heck would wanna dedicate their lives to drawing letters?
Starlight

Number of posts : 22
Flow Points : 0
Warnings :
0 / 1000 / 100

Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by erione on Mon 02 Mar 2009, 2:33 am

Well, I kinda agree that people nowadays are all amateur artist though there minds aren't tuned up yet to such activities and hobbies. I think that even without taking any course, you can be a professional artist; digital, painting, pixel work, illustrator, animator and such, even a 3d graphics designer. But I also agree that it's quite different from those who really took up courses to hone up their skills. I don't know but I don't kinda agree that every branch or art falls under fine arts though I can't explain myself why... >.<"

erione
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Number of posts : 1285
Flow Points : 2110
Warnings :
0 / 1000 / 100

Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content