Kreative Flow Designs
Thanks for visiting Kreative Flow. You'll recieve the best tutorials, resources and graphic information here.

Do register if you are a guest for exclusive content only for members!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kreative Flow Designs
Thanks for visiting Kreative Flow. You'll recieve the best tutorials, resources and graphic information here.

Do register if you are a guest for exclusive content only for members!

Kreative Flow Designs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Google improves search with semantics.

5 posters

Go down

Google improves search with semantics. Empty Google improves search with semantics.

Post by gatekeeper Wed 25 Mar 2009, 10:31 am

Google Inc. made two changes to its search results pages Tuesday that it said would help more effectively direct users to the information they were seeking. The search engine giant said it was launching a technology to better understand what people were looking for online. It also will give longer lines of text, or snippets, after the search title, with relevant words in bold. “We’re constantly looking for ways to get you to the Web page you want as quickly as possible,” company executives said in a post on the corporate blog. The technology, from Google’s acquisition of search company Orion in 2006, essentially tries to recognize the broader idea of what someone is searching for, rather than the specific words. Someone who types “principles of physics,” for instance, will see a related search bar listing topics such as “special relativity,” “big bang” and “quantum mechanics.”

“It’s based on the better understanding of pages in real time, and the ability to relate those pages to the query,” said Greg Sterling, an editor at the industry website Search Engine Land. The addition of snippets pertains only to queries longer than three words. The words of a search typed into Google will be listed in boldface in the snippets. The point is to help searchers know whether the results are relevant so they can decide whether to click over to the pages. It’s a goal many search engines have been trying to perfect: For example, on its results pages, RedZee Search shows images of websites that users can scroll through, rather than a list of websites.

Source: LA Times.
gatekeeper
gatekeeper
Adv. Member
Adv. Member

Number of posts : 264
Flow Points : 468
Warnings :
Google improves search with semantics. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Google improves search with semantics. Right_bar_bleue

Mood : Google improves search with semantics. 8z4k6g

Back to top Go down

Google improves search with semantics. Empty Re: Google improves search with semantics.

Post by finnianm Tue 31 Mar 2009, 6:56 pm

eek, i think i can get to their page fast enough! looks like theyre trying to gather peons of everyone and take over the world! THink about how much money google would make if they renter one add ut on their homepage... probably like a mil per day for all the people that wudl see it.
finnianm
finnianm
Graphics Leader
Graphics Leader

Number of posts : 1334
Flow Points : 2765
Warnings :
Google improves search with semantics. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Google improves search with semantics. Right_bar_bleue

Mood : Google improves search with semantics. 29q1i6v

http://www.finnianm.com

Back to top Go down

Google improves search with semantics. Empty Re: Google improves search with semantics.

Post by Windsor Thu 02 Apr 2009, 12:01 pm

I like the addons. The suggestions thing is the best add on ive seen on it. I was using googles lab suggestions as my homepage but now theyve added it to there .co.uk i can just use the .co.uk one now.

Im loving google street viewer as well. Hopefully at the end of this year they'll have the whole of the uk enabled.
Windsor
Windsor

Number of posts : 27
Flow Points : 46
Warnings :

Mood : Google improves search with semantics. 34689ar

http://advertise4free.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Henryz Thu 09 Apr 2009, 3:16 pm

I saw a documentary about Google. It is amazing how simple their home page is. Then I saw the building they work in and the amount of Employees doing different jobs Shocked

Don't know about you guys, but Google is my companion.
Henryz
Henryz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Number of posts : 109
Flow Points : 241
Warnings :

Mood : Google improves search with semantics. 34689ar

http://www.webvicious.com, http://www.Henry.Brown.Name

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Sat 11 Apr 2009, 8:32 pm

I love their homepage, and they do sell links on it every once in awhile lol. It would be a dream to be able to buy a link there, talk about major advertising. Maybe some day... *daydreams*
Ghost
Ghost

Number of posts : 39
Flow Points : 74
Warnings :

Mood : Google improves search with semantics. 2eoz5ef

http://www.ghostwebznetwork.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down