Kreative Flow Designs
Thanks for visiting Kreative Flow. You'll recieve the best tutorials, resources and graphic information here.

Do register if you are a guest for exclusive content only for members!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kreative Flow Designs
Thanks for visiting Kreative Flow. You'll recieve the best tutorials, resources and graphic information here.

Do register if you are a guest for exclusive content only for members!

Kreative Flow Designs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panda Cloud Antivirus released for free

2 posters

Go down

Panda Cloud Antivirus released for free Empty Panda Cloud Antivirus released for free

Post by gatekeeper Wed 29 Apr 2009, 9:27 am

Panda Cloud Antivirus released for free ScreenHunter_02Apr291619
With threats like Conficker fresh in the public’s mind, security remains a top concern for Windows users. Panda Security, publishers of Panda Internet Security and Panda Antivirus, is set to take antivirus where it hasn’t been yet: into the clouds. Panda Cloud Antivirus beta bets that nearly three years of development can pay off into a better protection system for users. To that end, Panda’s willing to make the client free for personal use–even after it leaves beta testing.
The program uses Panda’s proprietary cloud computing technology, which they call Collective Intelligence, to detect viruses, malware, rootkits, and heuristics. It takes advantage of “millions of users,” according to Panda, to identify new malware almost in real time. Panda says that Collective Intelligence can classify new malware in under six minutes, and that it handles more than 50,000 new samples per day. The Cloud Antivirus works by classifying threats into executables that must be scanned immediately, and non-executables that are checked at a lower priority–usually when the computer is idle.

In exchange for using consumer data to build the Collective Intelligence database, Panda decided to offer the Panda Cloud Antivirus for free, said Pedro Bustamante, senior research adviser at Panda Security. The new program reportedly takes up around 50 MB on the hard drive and eats around 17 MB of RAM when in use. That compares well against the industry average that Panda provided of 60 MB, and Bustamante said that they’re aiming for 12 MB of RAM when in use.

Source: Cnet.
I dunno what Panda is like, because i use AVG, but if anyone uses Panda, let us know how you get on with it.
gatekeeper
gatekeeper
Adv. Member
Adv. Member

Number of posts : 264
Flow Points : 468
Warnings :
Panda Cloud Antivirus released for free Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Panda Cloud Antivirus released for free Right_bar_bleue

Mood : Panda Cloud Antivirus released for free 8z4k6g

Back to top Go down

Panda Cloud Antivirus released for free Empty Re: Panda Cloud Antivirus released for free

Post by finnianm Wed 29 Apr 2009, 10:33 am

This is good info.... unfortunately i dont use panda! but yeah anyone who deos let me know!
finnianm
finnianm
Graphics Leader
Graphics Leader

Number of posts : 1334
Flow Points : 2765
Warnings :
Panda Cloud Antivirus released for free Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Panda Cloud Antivirus released for free Right_bar_bleue

Mood : Panda Cloud Antivirus released for free 29q1i6v

http://www.finnianm.com

Back to top Go down