Kreative Flow Designs
Thanks for visiting Kreative Flow. You'll recieve the best tutorials, resources and graphic information here.

Do register if you are a guest for exclusive content only for members!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kreative Flow Designs
Thanks for visiting Kreative Flow. You'll recieve the best tutorials, resources and graphic information here.

Do register if you are a guest for exclusive content only for members!

Kreative Flow Designs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~~ The Ultimate Mac vc PC thread ~~

+3
finnianm
Klaxon Exaia
Adil
7 posters

Go down

~~ The Ultimate Mac vc PC thread ~~ Empty ~~ The Ultimate Mac vc PC thread ~~

Post by Adil Sat 13 Jun 2009, 5:44 am

So guys, heres the ultimate thread where we battle out the massive debate 'MAC Vs PC' Very Happy

I use PC and have used it all my life. Im now looking forward to my first ever macbook and to using a mac. Ive heard awesome things about it! Very Happy

What are you?
Adil
Adil
Founder
Founder

Number of posts : 2488
Flow Points : 3875
Warnings :
~~ The Ultimate Mac vc PC thread ~~ Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100~~ The Ultimate Mac vc PC thread ~~ Right_bar_bleue

Mood : ~~ The Ultimate Mac vc PC thread ~~ 2ezmpsz

http://www.kreativeflow.net

Back to top Go down

~~ The Ultimate Mac vc PC thread ~~ Empty Re: ~~ The Ultimate Mac vc PC thread ~~

Post by Klaxon Exaia Mon 15 Jun 2009, 3:24 am

I've never really saw a big diff. between the two other than their interface.
Klaxon Exaia
Klaxon Exaia

Number of posts : 68
Flow Points : 132
Warnings :
~~ The Ultimate Mac vc PC thread ~~ Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100~~ The Ultimate Mac vc PC thread ~~ Right_bar_bleue

Mood : ~~ The Ultimate Mac vc PC thread ~~ 2duwler

Back to top Go down

~~ The Ultimate Mac vc PC thread ~~ Empty Re: ~~ The Ultimate Mac vc PC thread ~~

Post by Adil Mon 15 Jun 2009, 5:56 am

Theres alot of difference lol (I think so) Ive heard Mac's are more immune to viruses and all ... Finn uses mac I think . :S
Adil
Adil
Founder
Founder

Warnings :

Back to top Go down

Post by finnianm Mon 15 Jun 2009, 7:11 am

LOL there are a HUGE amount of differences, but i probably dont want to because i love my mac and it might lead to a flame war Evil or Very Mad

The most broad things i can say are:

Macs have the potential to bring out the creativity in people
Macs are VERY easy to use
Macs have an unbreakable code, which means NO viruses, Bugs, or hacks Smile
finnianm
finnianm
Graphics Leader
Graphics Leader

Number of posts : 1334
Flow Points : 2765
Warnings :

Mood : ~~ The Ultimate Mac vc PC thread ~~ 29q1i6v

http://www.finnianm.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adil Mon 15 Jun 2009, 7:23 am

Really? I didnt know that about the viruses and all. They are defenitley for creativity! lol I heard some one say as a joke MAC stands for Mother of All Computer LOL

Anyways, Another thing I have to say about the mac is that all the hardware and software go hand in hand. Like if you plug in a digital camera or printer it will automatically pick it up and begin cooperating with it.

Whereas on windows the computer will crash, reboot and then itll work lol (exxag.)

Just my opinion. Smile Even though I use PC
Adil
Adil
Founder
Founder

Warnings :

Back to top Go down

Post by LaSINda Mon 15 Jun 2009, 11:44 am

I guess there used to be big differences. Now I think that gab is narrowing quite a bit, with emulation softwares and also dual booting. So you can now have the best of both worlds. I, myself, have always been a big gamer. PC has always won the gaming wars, so I have always prefered PC.
LaSINda
LaSINda
SOTW Winner
SOTW Winner

Number of posts : 309
Flow Points : 5785
Warnings :

Mood : ~~ The Ultimate Mac vc PC thread ~~ 2wqtqom

Back to top Go down

Post by finnianm Mon 15 Jun 2009, 11:46 am

Yes, PC is definitely better for gaming ill give you that, but even with dual booting there are alot of problems between them, it is better to get a pure mac and a pure PC then getting a dual boot.... i still havnt been able to run a huge amount of windows games on my mac from dual booting Sad
finnianm
finnianm
Graphics Leader
Graphics Leader

Number of posts : 1334
Flow Points : 2765
Warnings :

Mood : ~~ The Ultimate Mac vc PC thread ~~ 29q1i6v

http://www.finnianm.com

Back to top Go down

Post by matthewlowery Fri 26 Jun 2009, 1:22 pm

I have got a MacBook now - and I think it absolutely blows Windows out of the water!
matthewlowery
matthewlowery
Gold Member
Gold Member

Number of posts : 108
Flow Points : 222
Warnings :

Mood : ~~ The Ultimate Mac vc PC thread ~~ NoMood-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Adil Sun 28 Jun 2009, 3:51 am

I agree PC is way better for gaming but I think you can still get games as good as PC on a imac? or a powerful machine?. But I would say macs are the best when it comes to compatibility, designing and overall look Wink
Adil
Adil
Founder
Founder

Warnings :

Back to top Go down

Post by matthewlowery Sun 28 Jun 2009, 10:05 am

Mac's have really good specs, and are very reliable. Hardware and software goes hand in hand Smile
Plus, if there's a game only on PC just run BootCamp lol!
matthewlowery
matthewlowery
Gold Member
Gold Member

Warnings :

Back to top Go down

Post by Adil Sun 28 Jun 2009, 12:00 pm

matthewlowery wrote:Mac's have really good specs, and are very reliable. Hardware and software goes hand in hand Smile
Plus, if there's a game only on PC just run BootCamp lol!

Exact my point Wink
Adil
Adil
Founder
Founder

Warnings :

Back to top Go down

Post by imastarfish Mon 29 Jun 2009, 2:55 am

ive been thinking of either getting a macbook air for gfx OR a new additional screen for my laptop (double desktop) any suggestions?
imastarfish
imastarfish
Adv. Member
Adv. Member

Number of posts : 377
Flow Points : 813
Warnings :

Mood : ~~ The Ultimate Mac vc PC thread ~~ 6jkbhv

Back to top Go down

Post by Adil Tue 30 Jun 2009, 10:37 am

defenitley get a macbook pro for gfx. I dont think that a air is worth the specs and price? its just cool for style.
Adil
Adil
Founder
Founder

Warnings :

Back to top Go down

Post by imastarfish Tue 30 Jun 2009, 4:13 pm

I just asked my dad and he said that im only allowed to get a new screen Sad do you guys know if a Mac screen is compatible with a PC?
imastarfish
imastarfish
Adv. Member
Adv. Member

Number of posts : 377
Flow Points : 813
Warnings :

Mood : ~~ The Ultimate Mac vc PC thread ~~ 6jkbhv

Back to top Go down

Post by matthewlowery Thu 02 Jul 2009, 12:29 am

yes they're compatible - but you may need a different plug.
matthewlowery
matthewlowery
Gold Member
Gold Member

Warnings :

Back to top Go down

Post by klutch2013 Tue 11 Aug 2009, 12:31 pm

Ok well ima go all computer nerd on you guys n freak you out XD.

Starting with Mac:
Firs of all the most common known thing to all Mac and PC user is that Mac get ZERO VIRUSES!!! This is half true. On macs its very hard to get a virus but you can get one. To get a virus on a mac you literally have to go looking for one like downloading something off of a weird website like pirate bay or something like that. then yea the virus on your computer but it cant do anything until it has your password for your mac. So basically it is almost a no virus computer but then again if your not paying attention you will get one. Then to get RID of a virus on a mac, its not like windows where your like "Oh i will just run a scan!" no, there is no 'Scan=" for macs, i tried to take a virus off a mac, i had to st there and use macs Command prompt and everything, you have to TELL IT what to do, not like on windows when you like just scan and delete infected files. ow outa that, onto games. Pretty much the only good well known game for macs is World of war craft, and that...its ok, but not great. The speed of macs is great, it barley freezes up and never crashes. It because of all the coding that the mac people do. Just makes it really really fast its great! Price. Well im going to use the expression, you get what you pay for. I have yet to find a mac for under $1K hats because macs are just that good. So there is no way you sell it under that.

Onto PC's: Starting again with viruses. Yes it is well known that getting one on a PC is very very easy. But you can prevent it by doing these steps. Getting a good virus program not a free version. Dont download weird things. and PAY THE F*** ATTENTION!!! But you do have the ease of just saying oh i think i have a virus lets run a scan and that will delete it all. The your done. But sometimes your not. Sometimes its a trojan and you need to do more steps that i will not explain...too long. Ok down to speed, Pc's range from really slow to really fast. You could have an integrated graphics card with 512mb of RAM and an Intel Pentium processor and your going to crying cause its sooooo slow!!!!! but then again you could have 2 intel i7's which means you have 7 Processors to spread all your tasks out and that means you have 14 spots to have, games, music, firefox, and all that stuff running and still no lag!!! but i must add the i7 costs you $1K its a lot. But the i7 with windows 64-bit would be like ownage server fast. and PC's price, they can range form $220 which is gonna be a really slow PC to $5K which will be a high end fast PC.

Hope you enjoyed nerd talk!
klutch2013
klutch2013

Number of posts : 41
Flow Points : 85
Warnings :

Mood : ~~ The Ultimate Mac vc PC thread ~~ 4uxqfo

http://www.publicgaming.xpt.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down